openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Rick Curtis (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] Updated: (OPENJPA-932) Runtime enhancer doesn't work propery if there is a trailing persistence.xml file on the classpath.
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:50:51 GMT


Rick Curtis updated OPENJPA-932:

    Attachment: OPENJPA-932-2.0.patch

The new patch has the following updates:
* Removed the Persistence trace group.
* The previous PU name collision detection and logging was removed as it would only detect
collisions when using the PCEnhancerAgent.
* PU name collisions are now detected and saved away, but not logged until an EMF is created
for that PU.  The capability to make a PU name collision a fatal error exists, but I decided
that course action is a bit extreme. I think new message is verbose enough that a user should
be able to figure out what's going on if they're having problems.

One question - Do I need a separate Jira for the PU name collision detection/logging since
it is pretty much separate from the bug that this Jira was opened for?


> Runtime enhancer doesn't work propery if there is a trailing persistence.xml file on
the classpath.
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                 Key: OPENJPA-932
>                 URL:
>             Project: OpenJPA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: kernel
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0, 2.0.0-M1, 2.0.0
>            Reporter: Rick Curtis
>         Attachments: OPENJPA-932-2.0.patch, OPENJPA-932-2.0.patch
> I have an application where I am using runtime class enhancement via the javaagent and
I set openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses=unsupported. My application works fine when running
on 1.1.0 but when I moved to 1.2.0 (and 2.0.0) I started getting errors because my classes
aren't being enhanced. 
> After debugging I determined that I had a jar on the end of my classpath that had a META-INF/persistence.xml
file in it. The extra persistence.xml file has no PUs defined, and should have been ignored.
When I removed that jar from my classpath things starting working again. It also works if
I put my META-INF/persistence.xml file on the end of my classpath.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message