openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r751910 - in /openjpa/trunk: openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/conf/ openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/kernel/ openjpa-kernel/src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/meta/ openjpa-persistence-jdbc/src/test/java/org/apac...
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 22:05:20 GMT

Hi Craig,
  I understand your concerns because I had similar ones. That is why this
change does retain the past behavior exactly as it was. The user only
requires the following configuration to get exactly the same behavior
  openjpa.Compatibility=FlushBeforeDetach=true,CopyOnDetach=true

  In fact, JDO having a separate signature as detachCopy() is a good news
because then we can add the same signature to Broker so that the user will
not even need the above configuration for backward compatible behavior.

  Regards --

--
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Re%3A-svn-commit%3A-r751910---in--openjpa-trunk%3A-openjpa-kernel-src-main-java-org-apache-openjpa-conf--openjpa-kernel-src-main-java-org-apache-openjpa-kernel--openjpa-kernel-src-main-java-org-apache-tp2458104p2458226.html