openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Bauer <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Documenting incompatibilities between releases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:33:44 GMT
Dianne,

I've been asking folks to document issues like these in OPENJPA-773, the
umbrella JPA 2.0 update JIRA.  That way, there is one location for this
information, instead of several.  I haven't proposed that these types of
compatibility issues get documented in release notes yet since the spec is
still in flux and subject to change.  Although, I think it'd be OK to add
the doc updates as long as we are dilligent about keeping them up-to-date
if/when they are impacted by future drafts of the spec.  Making a note in
773 should help serve as a reminder.

Other opinions? Should the release notes and/or manual be updated as these
types of issues are encountered?

-Jeremy