openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Access to Bean Validation provider (JSR-303)
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:55:23 GMT
Hi,
The JPA 2.0 expert group is looking to incorporate Bean Validation
(JSR-303).  Right now, it looks like we might include it as an optional
feature.  If a Bean Validation provider is available, then the JPA provider
should use it.  Otherwise, it is not a requirement.

The RI is being developed by Redhat.  There was an Apache Commons sandbox
started for a potential Bean Validator provider, but the activity has died
off.

So, I'm wondering from an OpenJPA and OpenEJB perspective, what should we
do?  I may be mistaken, but my guess is that the EJB spec is going to
contain a similar dependency on Bean Validation.  I don't believe the RI
will be directly accessible to us via a Maven dependency.  Does anybody know
of other Bean Validation provider implementations that are in plan?

Thoughts, suggestions?

Kevin