openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dianne Richards <diann...@gmail.com>
Subject Documenting incompatibilities between releases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:00:03 GMT
Because the JPA 2.0 spec is adding a Map<String,Object> getProperties()
method to the EntityManagerFactory interface, I've been forced to change the
Properties getProperties() method on the OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory to
return a Map instead of a Properties object. This creates an incompatibility
with the 1.x.x releases that could break an application that uses this
method. I plan to document this in the Release Notes. Let me know if you
don't agree with this. I also have considered adding a new Appendix to the
manual titled Migration Considerations, and adding this detail. I'd like to
hear opinions on this idea. Also, is there anyplace else where this should
be documented.

--
Thanks - Dianne