openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Dianne Richards <>
Subject Documenting incompatibilities between releases
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:00:03 GMT
Because the JPA 2.0 spec is adding a Map<String,Object> getProperties()
method to the EntityManagerFactory interface, I've been forced to change the
Properties getProperties() method on the OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory to
return a Map instead of a Properties object. This creates an incompatibility
with the 1.x.x releases that could break an application that uses this
method. I plan to document this in the Release Notes. Let me know if you
don't agree with this. I also have considered adding a new Appendix to the
manual titled Migration Considerations, and adding this detail. I'd like to
hear opinions on this idea. Also, is there anyplace else where this should
be documented.

Thanks - Dianne