openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it time to fix the svn:eol-style properties?
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 23:42:40 GMT
I've been using svn diff and I haven't hit the problem on Linux. Maybe
that's because I have configured my client the "right" way. Potential
contributors might not know they need to do that though.

AIUI the changes to svn props will prevent windows eol characters from being
inserted for the files that currently exist. The end line policy for new
files will depend the committer to configure their svn client correctly or
to manually set the property on the file.

The potential commit is rather large svn diff results in 379,000 lines for
trunk. I suppose I could make it worse by converting tabs to spaces too ;-)

-mike

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Don,
> Yes, we've seen this before, but only with Eclipse patch creators.  And,
> with the proper Eclipse settings, the patches are created just fine.  Mike
> creates his patches via the svn diff command line and he doesn't hit this
> problem (that I know of).
>
> That's why I am scratching my head on this request and string of notes.
>  I'm
> just not clear on what the problem is that we're trying to resolve.  And,
> will these proposed changes prevent users from accidentally committing
> changes that would cause the problem again?
>
> Kevin
>
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org> wrote:

<snip>