openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving out of the box performance
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 20:57:49 GMT
Including DBCP in the lib directory with OpenJPA seems reasonable. We
already include Derby so adding another Apache binary should be fine.

I think I'd be interested in seeing how OpenJPA + DBCP performs compared to
say Hibernate + DBCP or EclipseLink + DBCP. As I understand it Hibernate
includes some rudimentary connection pooling (then again so do we). If we're
still slower then we'll need to look elsewhere to even the performance gap.

A lot of the comments on the blog you mentioned focused on whether the
entities were enhanced. If you've tried enhancing the entities do you still
see a performance gap (without DBCP) ?

-mike