openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Ramasubramanian Sankar (HCL Financial Services)" <rsan...@hcl.in>
Subject Regd. OpenJPA feature
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:59:00 GMT

In our application we have a requirement of changing the relationships
between tables i.e. entities dynamically based on transactions. The
scenario is described below:

There are 3 entities A, B and C available in the system. A is related to
B and C in the database with foreign key. In transaction 1 the entities
A and B are related and have to be fetched together for these 2 entities
only. In transaction 2 A and C are only required but not B. Currently we
are using Hibernate as the data access framework. Since the
relationships have to be provided on static XMLs and cannot be changed
later the system is retrieving the records of C also. Hence we are
looking for the right Data Access framework to enable this functionality
of changing relationships between entities at runtime. Please let us
know whether OpenJPA supports this feature since I am not able to obtain
much information from the documentation regarding this.

Regards,

Ram

DISCLAIMER:

recipient(s) only.