openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <wgstodd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin for OpenJPA
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:31:58 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> No idea.  It had already been created before I started working on
> Geronimo.
>
> From the ASF page -
>    http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#incubator
> it sounds like sub-projects should go through the incubator, so maybe
> we should just create a branch for tooling under the existing openjpa
> project and just handle it just as another OpenJPA binary release with
> its own JIRA component for bug/feature tracking and not deal with the
> sub-project process overhead for now.

No need to go through the incubator to create a tooling sub-project for
OpenJPA.   Maybe 'sub-project' is not quite the right term here, but the
point is that the OpenJPA team can carve out svn space to develop and
maintain OpenJPA Eclipse tooling and you can package/release that stuff
however you see fit (usual caveats apply). No need for incubator foo here...

Bill