openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "B.J. Reed" <bjre...@gmail.com>
Subject question about the useSetBytesForBlobs field
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:29:05 GMT
Hi, I've been looking at the DBDictionary class at a setBytes() issue
and I have a question about the useSetBytesForBlobs field.  Seems that
some Dictionaries set this to true and some leave it as the default of
false.  The only thing this field does is determine if
DBDictionary.setBytes() should use preparedStmt.setBytes() or use a
ByteArrayInputStream to setBytes() regardless of whether the field is a
small byte[] or a blob.

The question is this...does anyone remember the history of this field?
or why openJPA does setBytes() differently for different DB's?

Thanks,
--B.J. Reed