openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gerlex <ger...@de.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Problem with merge
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:35:46 GMT

I load the objects with my own adopted query.


public List<Auftrag> getAuftragsliste(Auftragsfilter auftragsfilter) throws
HermesRuntimeException{
                List<Auftrag> listeauftraege=new LinkedList<Auftrag>();
                
              // ..... build my query 
                


try{
                        Query query =em.createQuery(abfrage.toString());
                // fill my placeholder
                        for (Map.Entry<String, Object> s :
filtermap.entrySet()) {
                                query.setParameter(s.getKey(),
s.getValue());
                                System.out.println(s.getKey() + " " +
s.getValue());
                        }
                        for(Map.Entry<String, Date> s :
filterdatum.entrySet() ){
                                query.setParameter(s.getKey(), s.getValue(),
TemporalType.DATE);
                        }
                
                        List resultList = query.getResultList();
                        listeauftraege.addAll(resultList);
                }
                catch(IllegalArgumentException e){
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        throw new
HermesRuntimeException("AuftragsverwaltungBean/getAuftragslliste:
Auragsliste konnte nicht geladen werden, da Query ung├╝ltig");
                }
           

                return listeauftraege;
                   }



Yes, WAS61 with FixPack


this is the code for my update:
public void updateAuftrag(Auftrag auftrag) throws HermesRuntimeException {
                // begin-user-code
                
                try {
                        Auftrag a=em.merge(auftrag);
                        em.flush();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        throw new HermesRuntimeException(
                         "AuftragsverwaltungBean/updateAuftrag: Auftrag
konnte nicht aktualisiert werden");
                }
                // end-user-code
        }

the updates, where I change the value to an other value are
successfull...,except the changes to null


Rick Curtis wrote:
> 
> How did you load an Object from the database? You are running WAS6, is
> that WAS61 with the FP? A code snippet may help.
> 
> If you use OpenJPA APIs to load data from your database, you shouldn't
> need to call merge on that object. Is it possible that your transaction
> isn't being committed and that is why your changes aren't being persisted?
> 
> -Rick
> 
> 
> 
> Gerlex wrote:
>> 
>> Hello together,
>> 
>> I have one big problem!!!
>> 
>> I want to update an Persistent-Entity with the merge-method and it
>> doesn't update the attributes, 
>> which I have set to null.
>> 
>> For example:
>> 
>> 1. I load one Object from the database 
>> 2. I set one attribute for example the date or a String to null
>> 3. I merge this object 
>> 4. The database doesn't update the date
>> 
>> When I load this object again, there is the same date than before.
>> 
>> the attributes are nullable 
>> 
>> 
>> The Environment:
>> 
>> Websphere 6
>> Database DB2
>>  
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>  
>> 
> 
> 

-- 
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/Problem-with-merge-tp2353521p2353921.html
Sent from the OpenJPA Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message