openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From hramsdell <hramsd...@softwarerevolution.com>
Subject Re: Detailed OpenJPA Documentation
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:50:43 GMT

Pinaki Poddar wrote:

> Hi,
>   Interesting!
>
>   a) The title describes OpenJPA as "... will be the core persistence
> engine of BEA Weblogic Server, IBM WebSphere, and the Geronimo Application
> Server."
>    For some the Application servers mentioned above, OpenJPA already "is"
> :)
>
>   b) The System Metrics page is informative. Do you plan to present some
> normative data (w.r.t. other similar projects) on these metrics?
>
>   c) Does OpenJPA get one "free membership" ?
>

> Pinaki

We actually pulled the descript from OpenJPA's sourceforge entry.  If this
needs to be updates let me know and I'll get it changed :)

The system metrics were initially project centric but I could definately see
a use for a normative metric.  I'll bring this up with the other devs and
see how we can best achieve this.

Right now we are still trying to figure out our pricing model.  We want to
be able to offer as much for free as we can but we also need to eat.
However, we've set up a free account that you can use to see the full extent
of our efforts, I've been tasked at bringing the layouts to a more web2.0
design so try to overlook the terrible use of frames ;)

Btw, the account you can use to see the full documentation is:

username - guest
password - guest

Please keep the feedback coming as it definitely helps us prioritize our
tasks.

- Howard