openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Bauer" <techhu...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenJPA 2.0 iteration 1 begins
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:30:45 GMT
OpenJPA dev's,

<drum roll/> OpenJPA 2.0 iteration 1 officially begins today and will wrap
up on Dec. 21st.  A few people have signed up for tasks, but there are many
tasks still open - ranging from minor updates to large items.  Large tasks
can/should be broken into and delivered as smaller chunks (in multiple
iterations) until complete.  As Kevin Sutter mentioned in the OpenJPA 2.0
kickoff note, if you are interested in contributing to the project and not
sure where/how to begin, please contact Kevin directly, the dev list, or one
of the active committers.  We'll be happy to help.  The current JPA 2.0 task
list is defined in the Roadmap
<http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/openjpa/JPA+2.0+Roadmap>
.
PM related:  There's a wiki macro (swizzlejira) that we can use for
iteration reporting and tracking, but it requires that we use a
task->subtask issue structure.  (Thanks to Mike Dick for pointing it out!)
 I think we should give it a try for iteration 1.  To facilitate the
macro, I opened OPENJPA-800 as the iteration 1 primary task and will be
assigning subtasks to this task.  If you open a new iteration 1 issue be
sure to make it a subtask of OPENJPA-800.    If you have thoughts or
suggestions on tools, etc. that can be used to manage the iterations please
share.  +1 to pm automation!

Happy 2.0'ing,

-Jeremy