openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Phani Madgula" <phanibalaji.madg...@gmail.com>
Subject Can somebody tell me how to generate DDLs
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:23:27 GMT
Hi
I am trying to execute the following command.

************
C:\temp\junk\WEB-INF\classes\samples\jpa>java
org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool -sql DDL.sql
-ConnectionDriverName com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver   Product.java

I get the  following output:
--------------------------------------
Some product derivations are being skipped. For information about
product derivation status, run:
java org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ProductDerivations
120  INFO   [main] openjpa.jdbc.JDBC - Using dictionary class
"org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DB2Dictionary".
Exception in thread "main" <openjpa-1.0.0-r5715:6560 fatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.util.MetaDataException: MetaDataFactory could not
be configured (conf.newMetaDataFactoryInstance() returned null). This
might mean that no configuration properties were found. Ensure that
you have a META-INF/persistence.xml file, that it is available in your
classpath, or that the properties file you are using for configuration
is available. If you are using Ant, please see the <properties> or
<propertiesFile> attributes of the task's nested <config> element.
This can also occur if your OpenJPA distribution jars are corrupt, or
if your security policy is overly strict.
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.initializeMetaDataFactory(MetaDataRepository.java:1520)
        at org.apache.openjpa.meta.MetaDataRepository.endConfiguration(MetaDataRepository.java:1513)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(MappingRepository.java:1218)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.java:467)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.java:392)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.PluginValue.instantiate(PluginValue.java:102)
        at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.ObjectValue.instantiate(ObjectValue.java:82)
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.newMetaDataRepositoryInstance(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:857)
        at org.apache.openjpa.conf.OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.getMetaDataRepositoryInstance(OpenJPAConfigurationImpl.java:852)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.run(MappingTool.java:1009)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.run(MappingTool.java:980)
        at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingTool.main(MappingTool.java:921)

Can somebody tell me how to generate DDLs without connecting to the
database?? or with a connection to database??

Thanks
Phani