openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] git and Apache's svn?
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:31:30 GMT
Hi,

Just adding my $0.02

I stumbled across an infrastructure page on git a while back. From what I
remember you can register your project to be "mirrored" to git. We would be
able to check out changes using git, but commits would be done with SVN
(similar to what Mark said).

Kevin's "build levels" idea sounds similar to a sandbox. Git makes merging
changes easy (or so I'm told) so sandboxes would also be easier to use. I'm
not sure it's worth the additional point of failure for day to day work
though.

I'm not an expert on git though so maybe I'm missing something,

-mike