openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Turn off enhancement by subclassing as the default
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 03:29:12 GMT
Hi David,

You're correct on both counts. You'll only be affected if you do not run the
PCEnhancer, or use a javaagent.

My Votes :
+1 Turn off subclass enhancement in trunk

+1 Turn off subclass enhancement in 1.3.x
In for a penny in for a pound. . .

I think the subclass support a noble goal but it needs some additional work
before it should be the default behavior. Until we find a champion who is
interested and has the time to dedicate to ironing out the bugs we should
leave it turned off.

-mike