openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: OpenJPA 2.0 milestone releases
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 20:44:45 GMT
Hi Jeremy,

I don't understand why the version needs to be changed from simply
2.0.0-SNAPSHOT to 2.0.0-Mx-SNAPSHOT. Seems like we would be making
trouble for folks who want to use the release. Wouldn't we want to
make the change at the time we want to release, e.g. from 2.0.0-
SNAPSHOT to 2.0.0-M2?

Regards,

Craig

On Dec 4, 2008, at 8:11 AM, Jeremy Bauer wrote:

> Three in favor, no oppose.  Motion passes.  :-)
> The build artifacts for each milestone will be named
> openjpa*-2.0.0-Mx-SNAPSHOT.jar, where x is the milestone number.  I'll
> commit the pom updates for M1 shortly.
>
> -Jeremy
>
> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:40 AM, Albert Lee <allee8285@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1.
>>
>> Albert Lee.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Jeremy Bauer <techhusky@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> OpenJPA dev's,
>>> Now that we have a few iteration periods defined and are getting
>>> content
>>> into iteration 1, I think we should consider planning OpenJPA 2.0
>> milestone
>>> releases.  Based on a 3 (sometimes 4) week iteration schedule and
>>> the
>> fact
>>> that it takes ~ a week to create and publish a release, how does a
>>> milestone
>>> release every other (ie. after each even numbered) iteration
>>> sound?  If
>> we
>>> discover that a milestone release every other iteration is not
>>> optimal,
>> we
>>> can adjust as appropriate.
>>>
>>> -Jeremy