openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject QueryImpl._compiling
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 01:47:19 GMT
more code review.. I'm so sorry to keep asking so many detailed
questions about the code.. but it needs to happen I suppose..

QueryImpl.java has an internal property called _compiling.  It is set to
true when the Query is actively compiling the query (
compileForCompilation ).

Alright, what I'm confused about, is that it's being used as a
short-circuit flag on "isUnique" and "getParameterDeclaration".  Such
that if you call isUnique while the query is being compiled, they both
return the current value ( could be false or null ).

This just seems a little complicated.  At first thought, it looks like
it's trying to protect the method going and calling
compileForCompilation recursively, but I would think there are better
ways.. or that the check for recursive calls should be within
compileForCompilation.. etc etc..

I'm just getting lost in the logic as to why it's there, wondering if it
needs to be there, or something else that could simplify this code.  My
ultimate goal is to move the if statements within those two methods that
use _compiling, outside the lock, thus increasing lock granularity...