openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject help.. classloader question
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 03:08:59 GMT
Hi guys.  So I run into this exception below all the time ( using slices
).  If you look at the source code, it is trying to cast a "Variable" to
be "Val".  But then this exception is saying that it can't cast a
"PCPath" to be "Val", which is wrong since PCPath definitely implements Val.

So my next guess is that it has to deal with ClassLoaders.  But instead
of me auditing all of openjpa code to figure this out; Could any of you
let me know if OpenJPA does something funny with classloaders and
plugins?  Or does it create any classloaders?  Any code or classes I
should review to learn about this??

thank you!

org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.kernel.exps.PCPath
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.ExpressionStoreQuery$DataStoreExecutor.getOrderingValue(ExpressionStoreQuery.java:734)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.OrderingMergedResultObjectProvider.getOrderingValue(OrderingMergedResultObjectProvider.java:62)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.MergedResultObjectProvider.next(MergedResultObjectProvider.java:172)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.RangeResultObjectProvider.next(RangeResultObjectProvider.java:102)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.rop.EagerResultList.<init>(EagerResultList.java:35)
         at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.toResult(QueryImpl.java:1233)
         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:995)
         at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:848)