openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject query ordering question..
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:54:11 GMT
So I ran into this bug while trying to use Slices.  But I'm getting lost
trying to track down what's going on.

This is confusing me.

I'm reviewing the code, and it looks like _inMemOrdering is a copy of
QueryExpressions.ordering
(ExpressionStoreQuery$DataStoreExecutor.getOrderingValue). Then I
searched the whole code base for who modified QueryExpressions.ordering
and I only found one place:
JPQLQueryExpressionBuilder.evalOrderingClauses (code below). But that's
weird because it looks like this method will ALWAYS fill the "odering"
field with PCPath objects. But reviewing the rest of the code, it looks
like everyone expects a "Val" object. So I'm not sure who coverts and
replaces these "PCPath" objects with "Val" objects.

Please, any clues??