openjpa-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "johan jarkovic (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Updated: (OPENJPA-836) after em.clear the datacache is inconsistent
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:53:44 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-836?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

johan jarkovic updated OPENJPA-836:
-----------------------------------

             Priority: Critical  (was: Major)
          Description: 
I have the cache enabled. kodo.DataCache=true
I update an Entity's  description field (no fk);
After the em.merge or em.persist I do an em.clear.

In a new transaction (new webpage request) I do a select query asking for the previous entity.


I get back the Entity but only it's id has been set. everything else is null. 
>From then on all the attempts to execute the same query get the same result.

This does not happen if kodo.DataCache=false.
This does not happen if kodo.DataCache=true but the em.clear is not used.

All the above operations are done using the JPA api.
However, If I aquire manually the StoreCache I see that the Entity still exists in.
If do a manual storeCache.evict on the specific Entity or evictAll, the problem is resolved.


Note:  The original weblogic 10.3 openjpa jar which is version 1.1 has been replaced with
version 1.2.0. (and also tested with snapshot of 1.3.0)

  was:
I have the cache enabled. kodo.DataCache=true
After a em.clear I do a select query on the table that I persisted. This is done on a  new
transaction (new webpage request). 
I get back the Entity but only it's id has been set. everything else is null. 
>From then on all the attempts to execute the same query get the same result.

This does not happen if kodo.DataCache=false.

Note:  The original weblogic 10.3 openjpa jar which is version 1.1 has been replaced with
version 1.2.0. 

The query that is executed is: "select cats from Catalogues cats where cats.catalogueId=203"

    Affects Version/s: 1.3.0
              Summary: after em.clear the datacache is inconsistent  (was: after em.clear
the next select query on the table (in a new transaction) returns empty Entity.)

//The only table that I use in the example is test_table.

putData(){
   TestTable test = em.find(TestTable.class, 1);
    test.setId(1);
    test.setDescription("This is a NEW description");
    em.merge(test);
    em.flush();
    em.clear();
}

getData(){
      TestTable test = em.find(TestTable.class, 1);
      log.debug("Description is is: "+test.getDescription());
}

request1: getData(); --> prints: "this is an old description"
request2: putData(); 
request3: getData();--> prints null;

> after em.clear the datacache is inconsistent
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: OPENJPA-836
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-836
>             Project: OpenJPA
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: datacache
>    Affects Versions: 1.2.0, 1.3.0
>         Environment: Weblogic 10.3 on WinXP EJB 3.0 (CMT)
> <property name="kodo.DataCache" value="true"/>
>       <property name="kodo.RemoteCommitProvider" value="sjvm"/>
>            Reporter: johan jarkovic
>            Priority: Critical
>
> I have the cache enabled. kodo.DataCache=true
> I update an Entity's  description field (no fk);
> After the em.merge or em.persist I do an em.clear.
> In a new transaction (new webpage request) I do a select query asking for the previous
entity. 
> I get back the Entity but only it's id has been set. everything else is null. 
> From then on all the attempts to execute the same query get the same result.
> This does not happen if kodo.DataCache=false.
> This does not happen if kodo.DataCache=true but the em.clear is not used.
> All the above operations are done using the JPA api.
> However, If I aquire manually the StoreCache I see that the Entity still exists in.
> If do a manual storeCache.evict on the specific Entity or evictAll, the problem is resolved.

> Note:  The original weblogic 10.3 openjpa jar which is version 1.1 has been replaced
with version 1.2.0. (and also tested with snapshot of 1.3.0)

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message