openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: slices hangs if run with Multithreaded=true
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:50:51 GMT

> Since behind the scenes you are executing various different queries using
multiple
> threads, and they might be touching/using shared resources lower down.

Good point, and most probably you are right.

> which is to fix up QueryImpl, not to do aggressive locking (at least in
> the isUnique method), and I
> think it will at least remove the current blocking issue.

So far, Slice has imposed almost no demand on existing kernel -- which is
battle hardened code. So naturally, I am apprehensive of change in threading
logic in kernel.QueryImpl. Any change of this nature *must* validate itself
against a set of multithreaded tests (with or without Slice).