openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: slices hangs if run with Multithreaded=true
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 21:36:08 GMT

> The easy (and escapist) way out is to fall back on sequential query
execution when
> openjpa.Multithreaded is set.

> Shall we look at dismantling the ParallelExecutor from Slices for now (
> and take the slower performance)?

1. Slower performance shows that parallel execution of query across slices
is a good thing.
2. This also tells us that we should not dismantle parallel execution
unconditionally. What I proposed is
      a) execute queries in parallel when openjpa.Multithreaded=false (which
is default)
and b) execute queries sequentially when openjpa.Multithreaded=true.

  ....Till we find a smarter/better way.

This can be done without perturbing things too much within
DistributedStoreQuery.