openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Burrell Donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openjpa-slices
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 07:47:04 GMT
On 11/21/08, Fernando Padilla <fern@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> So I was wondering if anyone is actively maintaining the slices
> implementation?

Apache uses a cloud or collective development model - no one is
assigned to particular code, committers organize themselves around
their current interests and the interests of fellow developers.

> My company, we are going to be doing a big bet on
> sharding and OpenJPA, so I would probably be giving feedback, ideas and
> patches towards the slices..

Cool

If you plan to contribute a number of patchs, I encourage you to file
a CLA (and CCLA if appropriate). Browse http://www.apache.org/dev  for
more information.

> but I wanted to know who might be accepting/reviewing such discussions,
> so they don't fall on deaf ears..

The patches might be picked up by any committer: what's more important
is connecting with the broader development community on list. So this
post is a good first step.

- Robert