openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Updating the JPA spec jar for JPA 2.0
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:28:21 GMT
--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> schrieb am Di, 11.11.2008:
> This points out the possible problem that the jpa 1.0 spec
> appeared to be part of the ejb 3.0 spec so I gave it a spec
> version number of 3.0.  Any suggestions about what to do
> about this would be appreciated.

Do we really need to change anything?

Imho the current
<artifactId> geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec
with a
<version> 1.0
is somehow not really maven stylish, but it doesn't hinder us ;)
The version of the jpa-spec actually is 1.0 and we do not have any problem other than the
confusing term '3.0' in the groupId since this references EJB and not JPA.

So I'd suggest to simply use
<version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
and we're done.

Humm, btw, what's really confusing me now is the fact, that there are 2 specs online:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/geronimo-spec/

I've always used the geronimo-spec until now, and this doesn't contain the jpa spec anyway.

So could someone shed a light on this for me (I'm not a geronimized one)?

txs and LieGrue,
strub