openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: slices, collocation
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:46:46 GMT
 >> Person p1 = em2.getReference( p1Id );
 >> Address a1 = p1.getAddress();

So.. Thank you agreeing with what we thought that this won't work.  But,
is there anyway I can get this to work :) :) :)  Like I keep saying, I'm
cool with reviewing openjpa source and submitting patches, any ideas on
how we could enable this capability:

This is what is so inhibiting. I want the code above to work, without
having to change p1.address to be a p1.addressId then load it by hand:

Person p1 = em2.getReference( p1Id );
Address a1 = em2.getReference( p1.getAddressId() );
logger.debgu( "a1: " + a1 );

This 3 line example doesn't look too bad, but it gets old quickly. :)
We currently do this, and I'm willing stick it out, but I was just
really hoping for a mature sharding technology that could handle this..

any ideas??