openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <>
Subject Re: openjpa-slices
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 18:35:50 GMT

Another idea/question.  The DistributedConnection/DistributedStatement
classes all still do sequential execution of the queries against the
database.  And I wanted to know if there was a technical reason not to
move them to use the "ParallelExecutor" design pattern used in the
DistributedStoreQuery?  ( aside from not being truly needed and adding
code bloat, etc etc )

Pinaki Poddar wrote:
> Hi,
>> So I was wondering if anyone is actively maintaining the slices
>> implementation?
> Yes. I have still not severed the umbilical cord with Slice :)
>> My company, we are going to be doing a big bet on sharding and OpenJPA, so
>> I would probably be giving feedback, ideas and patches towards the
>> slices..
> You are most welcome. Undoubtedly Slice will benefit from experiences of
> usage in practical setting.
>> but I wanted to know who might be accepting/reviewing such discussions, so
>> they don't fall on deaf ears..
> You should post to this OpenJPA mailing list. Besides me, other OpenJPA
> community members do have significant insight on distributed architecture
> and as a community we do welcome new ideas and practical usage of our
> software.

View raw message