openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Fernando Padilla <f...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject Re: Updating the JPA spec jar for JPA 2.0
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:54:30 GMT
right.  When we do get to Jpa-3.0, we would just publish against a
version number that is late than what is currently there.. :)

And the reason you're seeing two directories for geronimo-spec is
probably because they changed the groupId of the artifacts.  For
whatever reason.

So you might see older artifacts since Maven Central Repository never
removes anything, ever.  So expecting this whenever I start using a
dependency I search for it in mvnrepository.com to see if it might exist
in different groupId/artifactIds.  So if it happens to show up more than
once, and I try to look for the one that looks to be actively maintained..

Mark Struberg wrote:
> --- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> schrieb am Di, 11.11.2008:
>> This points out the possible problem that the jpa 1.0 spec
>> appeared to be part of the ejb 3.0 spec so I gave it a spec
>> version number of 3.0.  Any suggestions about what to do
>> about this would be appreciated.
>

> Do we really need to change anything?
>
> Imho the current
> <artifactId> geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec
> with a
> <version> 1.0
> is somehow not really maven stylish, but it doesn't hinder us ;)
> The version of the jpa-spec actually is 1.0 and we do not have any problem other than
the confusing term '3.0' in the groupId since this references EJB and not JPA.