openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating the JPA spec jar for JPA 2.0
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:52:34 GMT

1. Where is the 'JPA 2.0 spec jar'? Has JSR group released a API jar? I do
not know of any.
Can someone tell me if such a jar which corresponds to the API of JPA Review
Dfaft version 2.0 dated Oct 31, 2008?

2. If there is no such jar currently available, then do we (OpenJPA
developers) create one?

3. Is there any legal issues with that? If it is legally not permissible to
create one, should we go to a meta-stable state of creating a
openjpa-2.0-api.jar of our own?

3. > IMHO, it would be best if the spec jar resides in Geronimo.
I agree in long term and beg to differ in short-term. The JPA spec jar
should be added to Geronimo repository *after* it has been publicly released
by JPA Spec committee. This will help the OpenJPA developers to proceed with
a tentative openjpa-2.0-api.jar for JPA 2.0 feature development but will
also save Geronimo developers extra work to update a 'spec jar' which is
neither public nor stable.