openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Yuri <yde...@gmail.com>
Subject Customizing OpenJPA
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:04:04 GMT

I started running through a few debugging sessions to understand the design
and come up for a course of action in terms of extending OpenJPA. A few
questions came up:

- How can a ProductDerivation be used to extend OpenJPA (I am assuming that
is its purpose)?
- What is the difference between ProductDerivation.TYPE_PRODUCT and
ProductDerivation.TYPE_FEATURE
- What is the difference between ClassMetadata and MappingInfo? It seems
that the latter is a temporary holder of schema objects until the final
ClassMetadata is assembled. Is that correct?
- Noticed that the enhancement on class loading is no using the classes I
created to extend OpenJPA (i.e. Configuration and what follows from that).
- Also noticed that MetadataRepository is created at least two times once
when enhancing and once for real.

I am planning initially to add a new @Temporal annotation and to make sure
that this annotation translates into additional columns in the table, into a
modified primary key and custom handling of the SQL statements. What would
be the main touch points in the code to make that happen?

thanks,

-- yuri