openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal to disable QuerySQLCache by default
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 07:18:56 GMT

+1

In earlier occasions, I have expressed my reservations about QuerySQLCache
in less public forum than this one. What worries me about the reported
regressions is the are very non-local -- for example, one will find it hard
to explain why a certain type of inheritance modeling gets impacted when SQL
cache is active!

While the idea of gaining performance by caching SQL is noble, the design of
this facility at MappingStrategy level does not seem right to me at all. Not
only this approach bifurcates the critical code paths (which can be a
challenge for maintenance and extension in future), the design will find it
difficult to extend this caching behavior for general purpose query.