openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Translate documentation
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 13:07:35 GMT
Ignacio,
Thank you much for your offer.  But, to be honest, I think our current
documentation needs an overhaul before we should spend resources translating
it.  Otherwise, we'll have to do that twice...  :-)

The OpenJPA documentation manual used to be two separate documents -- the
Kodo User Manual and Kodo Reference.  Due to time and resource constraints,
all we did was put those two docs together as a single document.  Although
the content is fairly complete, it is not well organized (IMHO).

As with any development organization, the documentation always seems to get
the least amount of attention -- except by our customers.  Thus, it is an
important task, but not always given the priority and resources that it
should.  Fixes and features always seem to come first.

So, if you are interested in spear-heading the revamp of the documentation,
that would be great.  But, maybe that's more than what you wanted to bite
off.

Just my thoughts...
Kevin