openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TransactionSynchronizationRegistry reference cached permanently
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:08:46 GMT

On Aug 18, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Is it possible to fix this on the TSR implementation side?
>
> Specifically, since TSR implementation is registered with JNDI,
> could you refactor it into a permanent singleton registered in JNDI
> that delegates to the real implementation?
>
> And the server code notify it the JNDI instance when there is a
> server state change that would invalidate the implementation. Then
> the JNDI object could delegate to the new implementation object.
>
> Seems like the only difference between what you're proposing and
> what I'm proposing is the receiver of the change notification.

I don't know what the context is in openejb where this showed up, but
it seems to me that at a possibly more philosophical level david's
point was that having different lifecycles for these references very
apt to be implemented by the same object is pretty much an accident
waiting to happen.

thanks
david jencks