openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ogn...@etf.bg.ac.yu>
Subject Selecting multiple objects - bug?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2008 11:36:00 GMT
Hi,

When I try to select multiple objects in a query like this one
(publisher of the magazine can be null - unknown):

SELECT m, p
   FROM Magazine m
   LEFT OUTER JOIN m.idPublisher p
  WHERE ((:useName = false) OR (p.name like :name))

I would expect to get the resultset of pairs (Magazine, Publisher), but
what OpenJPA 1.1.0 returns is resultset of pairs (Publisher, Publisher).

Did anyone else noticed this behavior, and should I file a bug report?

Is it allowed in JPA spec to select multiple objects?

Regards,
Ognjen

ps. I know I could select just Magazine, and then get Publisher from
there. The actual query is more complex, this one is just for the
purpose of showing the bug.