openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject FetchGroup implementation
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:05:44 GMT
The JDO expert group has adopted a user-level API for configuring
FetchGroups at runtime. There is a factory for FetchGroup in the
PersistenceManager and PersistenceManagerFactory, corresponding to
EntityManager and EntityManagerFactory.

I'd like to implement this concept for OpenJPA, and have a few
questions before I start.

Currently there is an Annotation
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.FetchGroup that allows an annotation to
be defined for a class or field. There are also FetchPlan.java and
FetchPlanImpl.java in that same package. The FetchPlan is the
interface (not standard) and the FetchPlanImpl is the implementation
for the FetchPlan interface.

So if we want to have an interface representing the FetchGroup how do
we avoid the name conflict between the annotation name and the
interface name for FetchGroup?

Craig

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com