openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Documentation links and content "out of date"
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 22:30:12 GMT
Hi,
I just noticed that our links for the "latest" OpenJPA documentation is out
of date (http://cwiki.apache.org/openjpa/documentation.html).  I would
expect that our "latest" link should point at some version of documentation
associated with trunk.  But, it's currently pointing at some version based
on the 1.1.0 build.  I was going to go ahead and clean this up, but it looks
like I don't have proper authority to the /www/
openjpa.apache.org/docs/latest directory.  It looks like Patrick is the only
one with enough authority.

This "latest" directory is currently linked to this:  latest ->
../builds/1.1.0/apache-openjpa-1.1.0/docs/

So, I'm thinking a few things need to be done:

o  It would be great to post our current nightly drivers and documentation
out on people.apache.org from our TC system.  (BTW, it looks like our
nightly drivers page is still pointing at the 1.1.0 SNAPSHOT builds, so we
have some clean up there as well.)  I'm not sure on the status of Patrick's
TC system and whether we are able to get something like this setup or not.

o  If we can post our nightly drivers and documentation, then we could
change this "latest" directory link to our upload location for the drivers.

o  If this type of clean up and setup of nightly drivers is going to take
some time, then at a minimum, it would be good to change the permissions on
this "latest" directory so that we could do some manual (pardon the pun)
cleanup.

BTW, all of this came about because I had pointed a user at our "latest"
manual to find out how to turn on the Query SQL Cache support (knowing it
was part of the 1.2.0 trunk release).  But, I soon discovered that our
"latest" manual is quite out of date...  :-)

Thanks,
Kevin