openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: snapshot process (was: Re: Documentation links and content "out of date")
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 14:17:48 GMT
Comments inline below

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@gmail.com> wrote:

> A few questions, since it looks like you might grok this mvn thing better
> than I:
>
>  $ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true deploy
>> -DaltDeploymentRepository=myserver::default::scp://
>> myserver.myhost.com/home/mikedd/temp22
>>
>> $ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true site:stage-deploy
>> -DstagingSiteURL=scp://myserver.myhost.com:/home/mikedd/temp-site
>>

> What is the difference between site:deploy ad site:stage-deploy? Is it just
> a matter of which location it gets deployed to?

It's just a matter of where the site is deployed. The site:deploy goal
doesn't allow you to override the destination. We might be able to work
around this by using a variable in pom.xml to specify the site location, but
from what I've seen the release plugin expands many of the variables when
you do a release.

> What's with the myserver::default:: syntax?

The definition is ${serverId}::${layout}::${scp.location}. ServerId is a
server defined in .m2/settings.xml. Maven uses the server id to authenticate
and determine default file permissions, etc. Layout is used to differentiate
between a maven1 and maven2 repository (default is maven2).

-Mike