openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: snapshot process (was: Re: Documentation links and content "out of date")
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:48:28 GMT
Hi,

I gave this a quick test and it looks like it's working, here's exactly what
I ran :

$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true deploy
-DaltDeploymentRepository=myserver::default::scp://
myserver.myhost.com/home/mikedd/temp22

$ mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true site:stage-deploy
-DstagingSiteURL=scp://myserver.myhost.com:/home/mikedd/temp-site

I think a similar set of arguments can be used for the release process.

Here's what I propose, after the 1.0.3 release is approved I'll update the
pom.xml files for 1.0.x and 1.2.x (1.1.x too if you approve). The changes
will be to update the default deploy location to be
openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/${version} (or something similar). That way
the automated build system will go ahead and publish to the latest directory
with no need for command line arguments.

In the release profile we'll change the deployment location to be
people.apache.org/${user}/public_html/. . . so that the release is publicly
available. If we can't override the location via the profile I'll update the
instructions to pass it along as a command line arg.

If this sounds acceptable to everyone else I'll go ahead and open another
JIRA (633 has enough changes).

-mike