openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <mik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: snapshot process (was: Re: Documentation links and content "out of date")
Date Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:53:44 GMT
Hi Patrick,

If you're looking to upload a snapshot to say your home directory on
people.apache.org you can just run
$ mvn deploy

I think we'd rather have the snapshots deployed to our builds
directory though. Something like this should work (untested)
$ mvn -DaltDeploymentRepository=people.apache.org::default:scp://people.apache.org/www/openjpa.apache.org/builds/${version}
deploy

You'll need to add a server tag for people.apache.org to your
${home}/.m2/settings.xml file. Something like this should work:

    <servers>
        <server>
            <id>people.apache.org</id>
            <username>[your apache id]</username>
            <passphrase>[secret passphrase]</passphrase>
            <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
            <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>
        </server>
    </servers>

The preceding examples will upload our maven artifacts. To deploy the
site I *think* this would work

$ mvn -DstagingSiteURL=scp://people.apache.org/www/openjpa.apache.org/builds/${version}
site:stage-deploy

I'll take a closer look when time permits, this should be a starting
point though.

-mike

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 5:56 PM, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get the snapshot process working as closely to the new release process
as possible. From what I can tell, mvn release:prepare is really oriented towards releases,
not towards snapshots. Does anyone know of an equivalent snapshot target that we could use?