openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Collaborative Testing
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 18:35:21 GMT

I am in quite agreement with Mike's observations.

> So I guess it depends on what you mean by publish.

OpenJPA build process will create a OPENJAP_TESTS.zip containing
    1. src/... includes Java source code for 4-5 basic test classes such as
SingleEMFTestCase etc. It will not include the actual tests or just may be a
few as exemplars.
    2. OPENJPA-TESTS.jar contains compiled class files that are in src/...
tree
    3. HowToWriteATest.txt
    4. A maven/ant build script that packs a user-written test in a way that
when attached in JIRA can be easily ovelaid on our code repository

This OPENJPA_TESTS.zip will be available in http://openjpa.apache.org.
These artifacts will also be added to maven repository so that users can
simply add the following to their own pom.xml as per Mike's observation.

Detection of duplicate test is not critical at this juncture. To document
what the available test corpus covers is a separate and broader activity.

The submission of tests by the users has to go through a committer anyway
and that process will filter out some duplications. The 4th artifact i.e. a
script supplied with OPENJPA-TESTS.zip is to facilitate the process of
absorbing the users' contribution into the code repository.

An important blocker for this issue is, of course, current inability to
include tests that do not pass (OPENJPA-123).