openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Collaborative Testing
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 15:50:14 GMT

Hi,
   A growing body of developers are using OpenJPA and reporting their use
case scenarios, error report via the Nabble posts. This process generates
wealth of unstructured information.

  Here is a proposal to add some structure to it:

1. We publish and distribute the common utilities of OpenJPA's JUnit based
test harness.
2. We request/mandate that submission of a JIRA report accompany a test case
written in accordance to OpenJPA-JUnit based tests.

This way, we can build a diverse test corpus gradually.

To get this done, we need to
1. Document our JUnit Test harness related classes (such as
SingleEMFTestCase etc.). They already are well-documented -- perhaps a small
write-up on 'How to write OpenJPA test' manual.
2. Extend our build so that these tests classes are distributed with their
source code in a separate bundle.
3. Promote the users' to contribute their test cases