openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Arun Nagarajan <>
Subject Using acces-type PROPERTY
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:32:55 GMT
        I have a set of java classes which has only setter and getter
methods (as they are generated using XML beans). At the entity level, I
have defined the access as 'PROPERTY'.  But when I try to persist them, I
am getting the following error. Can you please let me know how to persist
java classes, which have only getter and setter methods.

Fields "$InnerProduct.innerDesc,$InnerProduct.innerName" are not a default
persistent type, and do not have any annotations indicating their
persistence strategy.  If you do not want these fields to be persisted,
annotate them with @Transient.

The mapping.xml reads like this. The InnerProduct class has getInnerName
and getInnerDesc as well as setInnerName and setInnerDesc methods. No

<entity class="$InnerProduct" access="PROPERTY">
              <basic name="InnerName">
                 <column name="NAME"/>
              <basic name="InnerDesc">
                 <column name="DESCRIPTION"/>