openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r670740 - in /openjpa/branches/wls-maintenance: ./ 1000mp1/
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:36:16 GMT
Wait a minute, Srinivasa.  This doesn't seem right.  I will admit that I
didn't see your original posting asking for guidance, but I really don't
think we want WebLogic, WebSphere, Geronimo, or any other vendor's specific
maintenance releases housed in the OpenJPA SVN repository.

It looks like WebLogic shipped something between the 0.9.7-incubating and
the official 1.0.0 release.  Is there some reason why you couldn't just
support your WebLogic customers using the 1.0.x service stream?  It would
seem that customers would appreciate using an official release (post
incubation) instead of the the one WebLogic initially shipped.

Do you need a complete branch?  Or, are you just interested in tagging the
branch so that you can easily find the start of your service stream?

I think we need to do something different here.  I don't like the approach
that you used.

Kevin