openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Sutter" <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Disable dangerous "fallback enhancement" how?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:32:30 GMT
Oops, forgot to reply to both groups...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: Disable dangerous "fallback enhancement" how?
To: users@openjpa.apache.org

Michael,
This "fallback enhancement" can be turned off by using the
openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses property set to "unsupported".  If your
build processing fails to enhance your Entity classes, or your -javaagent
isn't properly set up, or you are not running in a Container environment
(essentially any of the "normal" enhancement processes), then having this
property set will cause an error message and not fall into the "fallback
enhancement" processing.

Within the WebSphere environment, we actually set this
openjpa.RuntimeUnenhancedClasses property to "warn".  This has the same net
effect as "unsupported" -- that is, it does not allow you to fall into the
"fallback enhancement" processing.  But, it produces a couple of extra error
messages that might help with debugging your situation.

The "unsupported" option stops immediately.  The "warn" option allows you to
run a bit further, but you will eventually stop due to an unenhanced class
detection.

Thanks,
Kevin