openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael Dick" <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r670740 - in /openjpa/branches/wls-maintenance: ./ 1000mp1/
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 20:16:24 GMT
I agree with Craig and Kevin. Vendor tags in the Apache SVN repository
should be avoided.

I'm also leery of adding another branch to maintain. Patrick alluded to
potentially dangerous changes which went into the 1.0.x branch which caused
some concern for BEA. I'm guessing that rev 547073 is a point in time before
similar changes went in.

If that's the motivation for creating a branch I'm not entirely opposed to
it, but it should fit in with the rest of our naming conventions. I checked
out rev 547073 and pom.xml lists the version as 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Any branch
made at this point would be between 0.9.7 and 1.0.0. I'd suggest a name of
0.9.x for the new branch. The poms should be rolled back and so on - might
have to do something to make OpenJPAVersion look correct to BEA customers
though.

Without looking at the differences between 547073 and 1.0.0 I can't say
whether we really need this branch. I am not opposed to creating one but it
should fit the naming conventions we've laid out.

Regards,

-mike