openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Linskey <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: does openjpa support cascade-persist via a persistence-unit-defaults mapping?
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:23:51 GMT
Note that this is available within the JPA spec via the orm.xml's
persistence-unit-defaults section.

I'd rather see this configuration setting get promoted into JPA2's
persistence.xml instead of introducing a new setting of our own.

(In fact, I'd rather see cascade-persist at least be turned on by
default across the board. I've never understood the desirability of
disabling cascade-persist, and have never gotten a straight answer
from anyone about it.)

-Patrick