openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: OptimisticException
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 18:27:25 GMT
Hi Tim,

Sadly, there's real work to do to get any class that implements the
java.sql.Connection interface to work in Java 6. You can't simply add
the new methods because of incompatibility. You have to change the
build scripts and packaging. Sigh.

OpenJPA would also encourage you to "scratch your itch" and provide a
Java 6 solution. Otherwise, we'll get to it sooner or later.

Craig

On Jun 2, 2008, at 11:21 AM, Tim Holloway wrote:

> Ah crud, I forgot that one. No way it can use Java 6 in backwards
> compatibility mode? If not, Maven's got a flow in its "perfect build"
> model.
>
> I see the test suite now performs properly.
>
> All built, so now I'll see if I can deliver.
>
>   Tim
>

> On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 09:55 -0700, Craig L Russell wrote:
>> Hi Tim,
>>
>> On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:44 AM, Tim Holloway wrote:
>>
>>> Craig,
>>>
>>> I'd love to (I did something similar for Pentaho recently). But the
>>> latest SVN doesn't build for me. I get stuff like this:
>>>
>>> /workspace/openjpa-trunk/openjpa-lib/src/main/java/org/apache/
>>> openjpa/lib/jdbc/DelegatingConnection.java:[47,7]
>>> org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingConnection is not abstract and
>>> does not override abstract method
>>> createStruct(java.lang.String,java.lang.Object[]) in
>>> java.sql.Connection
>>
>> This might be a Java 6 issue. IIRC, OpenJPA only compiles with Java 5
>> currently.
>>>

>>> A test case, I've already got, alas. I'll make a more general one
>>> once I
>>> resolve it.
>>>
>>> I don't have JIRA rights, however. Been asking other people to
>>> handle
>>> that for me in the past.
>>
>> It's trivial to sign up for JIRA. Just go to https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>>  and create an account. Done.