openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Linskey <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Approve OpenJPA 1.1.0 release
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 17:10:50 GMT
Hi,

> Nice job, but need a bit more to review.

Thanks! I'm assuming that you mean that you can't vote +1 now, but
that you'll have time between now and Monday evening, right?

> There's a requirement that all artifacts have an md5 checksum in
> addition to the asc signature.

Those should all be generated. In fact, it looks like we even have md5
checksums of the signatures!

> Since we plan to put the jar files into the global maven repo, the
> artifacts should be on the download site for review. The jar files
> also need md5 and asc signatures.

Everything can be found at people.apache.org/www/openjpa.apache.org/
builds/1.1.0.

Also, I think it's worth noting that there are definite improvements
that we could make in our staging / delivery process. I'd appreciate
it if we didn't hold 1.1.0 hostage for those changes. My understanding
from Wendy's comments about the last release process was that we
needed more signatures; I believe that the new release is sufficiently-
signed. If there are other improvements that we could make, I'm all
for making them, but would rather see non-showstopping issues get
logged and addressed in 1.1.1 etc.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey