openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Linskey <plins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commit
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 21:30:28 GMT
Hi,

It's my belief that if OpenJPA is configured to use a datastore
transaction, then a commit will occur in this situation, but if using
optimistic transactions, the commit will not occur unless OpenJPA
believes that something noteworthy has happened during the transaction.

Additionally, in default configurations in a RESOURCE_LOCAL
environment, ConnectionRetainMode is set to on-demand, so OpenJPA
might well use multiple different connections over the course of a
given JPA transaction.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey