openjpa-dev mailing list archives

From "David Wisneski" <wisnes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commit
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 18:32:36 GMT
If the user call EntityTransaction.commit(),  I think that OpenJPA
should definitely issue a commit.   Another related problems, is that
OpenJPA is closing the connection and putting it back into the free
pool after every sql statement,  even if there are still read locks
being held by the active transaction.    This would be OK if the user
does a EntityManager operation outside a transaction scope,  but it
should not be occurring when the user has explicitly done an
EntityTransaction.begin().